Dear Scholarship Applicant:
Thank you for your interest in our scholarship program. Eligibility for the Senator Mary Beth Carozza Legislative Scholarship is as follows:
- Be a resident of Legislative District 38
- Attend a Maryland college, university or trade school or have a Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) approved unique major
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher
You must return the following items to my office postmarked by Saturday, April 17, 2021: • Completed application form (including the required essay)
- An official sealed copy of your transcript
- A copy of your SAT/ACT scores (high school seniors only)
- A one-page summary outlining your work history and academic/extracurricular
- MHEC requires you to file your FAFSA – please send your FAFSA summary sheet. Please do not send your entire FAFSA.
If you do not include all of the above items, my office will be unable to process your application. Per MHEC guidelines, only one Senatorial Scholarship may be awarded per student, per district. If you are already receiving a Senatorial Scholarship, you do not need to reapply as it is automatically renewed.
Mail your completed application, postmarked no later than April 17, 2021 to:
Senator Mary Beth Carozza
11 Bladen Street, Room 314
Annapolis, Maryland 21401
You will be notified when all selections have been made, usually before the end of May. Awarded scholarships will be sent directly to your college institution. Contact Melissa Brown in my office with any questions at [email protected] or (410) 841-3645.
MARY BETH CAROZZA
State Senator—District 38 Somerset, Wicomico, and Worcester
Not sure if you live in Legislative District 38? Visit mdelect.net and type in your home address to find out.
Follow the link below to download the application: